- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 19/10/2022
The Kennedy Scholarship is an academic award for study at two of the world's finest universities - Harvard and MIT. It can be used to fund a wide variety of programmes at MIT and across all the graduate schools within Harvard - from PhD to LLM, from MPH to MArch. It can also fund a Special Studentship for those wanting a general programme of non-degree study.
Value of Award
This award gives graduates the opportunity to undertake postgraduate study at Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). In addition:
- The award covers the full costs of tuition fee and health insurance.
- Scholars selected at interview may apply for a means-tested bursary of up to $28,000 to cover living costs.
- Generous contribution is provided towards return transatlantic flights.
- Scholars may apply for an additional travel grant of $2,500.
- Doctoral applicants are expected to accept departmental funding and may receive a contribution to their research costs of up to $20,000, distributed over the first four years of their PhD programme, in addition to the benefits associated with a Kennedy Scholarship.
Those applying for awards must be all of the following:
- British citizens at the time of application; this does not include those with indefinite leave to remain.
- Ordinarily resident in the UK.
- Wholly or mainly educated in the UK and (will be) graduates of a UK university.
- Graduates of a British university.
Please note: applications cannot be accepted from those already in the United States.
How to Apply
Full details of the application process can be found on the Kennedy Memorial Trust website.