Martin Lynn Scholarship
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- African Studies
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 18/10/2022 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The RHS makes an annual Martin Lynn Scholarship award to assist a postgraduate researcher of African history.
Value of Award
Up to £1,500.
- Eligible students will be registered for a PhD or DPhil. Students must be registered at a UK institution. Students may be full-time or part-time.
- Eligible students will have successfully completed their first year of full-time or first two years of part-time study by the time the award is taken up.
- Applications are open to researchers of all nationalities, however the Society does not normally fund students to do research in their own country of permanent residence if this is outside the United Kingdom.
- Applications will NOT be considered for research to be conducted within the four weeks immediately following the deadline.
- Grants cannot be sought retrospectively.
How to Apply
Full details of the application process can be found on the Martin Lynn Scholarship website.