Priestley PhD Scholarships
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/09/2022 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham and the University of Melbourne are offering a co-funded joint PhD, giving ‘Priestley Scholars’ in engineering subjects the opportunity to study alongside world-leading academics.
Value of Award
A fully-funded studentship, which includes tax-free Doctoral Stipend of £16,062* per annum, is available for Home/EU and Overseas students on this Joint PhD programme between the University of Birmingham and the University of Melbourne for January 2023 start. For students who are to be hosted by the University of Melbourne, the scholarship will be a compariable rate in AUD. The scholarship includes funding for a return trip study period at the partner university (irrespective of whether the student beings their studies in Birmingham or Melbourne). You will be able to spend a minimum of 30% of your time at the University of Melbourne.
*subject to inflationary variation
The entry requirements for the Birmingham/Melbourne Joint PhD are either:
- An upper second-class four-year honours undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- An MSc/MRes in a relevant subject
How to Apply
Applicants must choose a project from the list and make their application through the application portal. Applicants are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors informally to discuss the project.
Applications should include a statement of research interests. Please detail the supervisor and project title under the Research Information section of the application form.