Roberto Rocca Fellowships
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Romania, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, Venezuela
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 15/01/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
For exceptional university graduates from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, Romania and Venezuela, the Roberto Rocca Education Program offers fellowships to help fund studies towards the Ph.D. degree in specific fields of study that include Materials Science, Mechanical, and Petroleum Engineering at a university outside of the student's home country.
Each year the Programme awards around 12 to 15 new Fellowships. Fellows are selected by the Program's Scientific Committee comprising senior managers of the sponsoring companies.
Value of Award
Fellowships are awarded for a period of two years and may be used for tuition, fees and living expenses. The award amount will depend on the candidate’s financial need but in general Fellowships do not cover all expenses and candidates are encouraged to seek complementary sources of funding.
At the discretion of the Roberto Rocca Education Program, fellowships may be renewed for up to an additional two years.
- Roberto Rocca Fellowships are open to students who are citizens of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, Venezuela and Romania, and who will enter an eligible Ph.D. program outside their own country or who have already begun their studies towards a Ph.D. at a university outside their own country.
- Employees of the sponsoring companies are ineligible for the Fellowships.
- Fellowship candidates are free to designate any university outside their own country for the Fellowship. However, the program's Scientific Committee will take into consideration the candidate's choice of university and program of study in evaluating and selecting Fellows.
- Fellows are required to make a moral commitment to contribute to the economic and industrial development of their country of origin.
For the full list of disciplines and specific fields of study supported through the Fellowships, please see the Roberto Rocca Education Program website.
How to Apply
For the online application form and full details of the application process, please see the Roberto Rocca Education Program website.