St Matthias Trust
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Philosophy, Theology and Religion
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 05/02/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The object of the St Matthias Trust is the advancement of education with a preference for higher and further education contributing to the advancement of the Church of England. The Trust offers both one-time grants and scholarships to individual applicants.
Value of Award
Up to £10,000 per year.
- The education and training of persons who are, or intend to become, engaged in social welfare work as social workers, community workers, youth workers, teachers, supervisors or pre-school groups or otherwise.
- The education and training of persons intending to become ministers of the Church of England or of a Church in communion therewith.
- The study of music or other arts subject to the main object of the charity.
All must be contributing to the advancement of the Church of England.
Preference is given to applicants from the dioceses of Bath and Wells, Bristol and Gloucester; this does not preclude applicants from elsewhere.
How to Apply
The application forms, along with the full details of the application process, can be found on the St Matthias Trust website.
Please note: the application process differs depending on which type of funding you are applying for. Applications for grants have to be submitted either before 31 May (for consderation in July) or 30 September (for consideraton in November). The application window for scholarships is announced once a year.