University of Birmingham/ MABECS/ Casita Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate
- Subject area
- Law, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Biological Sciences, Psychology, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Political Science
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/06/2023 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 2 scholarships for Malaysian students applying for entry to an postgraduate taught programme at the University starting September 2023.
These are joint awards with our local representatives MABECS in Malaysia and Casita. See MABECS webpage linked here for further details.
The scholarships will be awarded to high performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2023/24 academic year
Value of Award
This is a full scholarship to cover tuition and accommodation fees of a full time postgraduate taught Masters degree programme of one year duration at the University starting September 2023.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK are not eligible for this award.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer from the University of Birmingham (Birmingham campus) and accepted it firmly for a full time postgraduate taught programme starting September 2023 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme to retain the scholarship
- Be domiciled in Malaysia.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Be registered with, and have their postgraduate study application attached to our local representatives MABECS.
- Submit their scholarship application through MABECS by the deadline; 30 June 2023.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to be registered with MABECS, have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and have made Birmingham their firm choice by the scholarship deadline of 30 June 2023. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit.
Only under exceptional circumstances in which the University is unable to choose an awardee based solely on academic merit (for instance, if two candidates have identical grades) will applicants be asked to attend an interview.
Decisions will be announced in late July/early August and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2023.
For further information please contact our local representatives:
Malaysian British Educational Cooperation Services (MABECS)
B-3A-5 Block B West, PJ8
No. 23, Jalan Barat, Seksyen 8
46050 Petaling Jaya