Geoffrey Ma Birmingham Hong Kong Undergraduate Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences, Business, Economic Development and Regeneration, Economics, Education, European Studies, Health Services Management, International Development, International Public Administration, International Relations, Local Government Studies, Marketing and Communications, Planning, Political Science, Russian and East European Studies, Social Studies, Social Work, Sociology, Teacher Training, Urban and Regional Studies
- Hong Kong
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/07/2023 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 15 Geoffrey Ma Hong Kong Undergraduate Scholarships of £4,000 for HKDSE students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2023.
These are joint awards with our local representatives Aston Education, IDP Education, SI-UK Hong Kong and the University’s Hong Kong Alumni Association (The University of Birmingham Hong Kong Foundation), and will be awarded to high-performing Hong Kong domiciled international students starting their University of Birmingham programme in September 2023.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £4,000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2023.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Be studying or have completed the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE).
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time, first year undergraduate programme starting at the University of Birmingham’s UK campus, September 2023.
- Have met the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Hong Kong domiciled.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment. Should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2023, the scholarship award may not be deferred.
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives – Aston Education, IDP Education or SI-UK Hong Kong. A student may only apply through one local representative.
- Upon enrolment in September 2023, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
Are there any programmes not eligible?
Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham are not eligible for the award.
How to Apply
This is a competitive scholarship, please ensure you have fulfilled the eligibility requirements outlined above.
To apply for the scholarship, you will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with one of our representatives by 31st July 2023 (this date may be subject to change).
Selection for the award will be based on academic performance on the HKDSE, students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held in August 2023 online or at local representative offices in Hong Kong. The scholarships will be announced shortly after the interview. All interviewed applications will be contacted about the outcome.
The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2023.
Are there any other conditions to this scholarship?
In accepting and securing this scholarship, awardees are expected to support the University, to a reasonable extent, by providing profiles testimonials and engaging in ambassadorial activities if requested by the University.
For further information please contact our local representatives:
T. 2866 9933
IDP Education Limited (Hong Kong)
SI-UK Hong Kong
T. 6603 7792