Poynting Achievement Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Physics and Astronomy
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The Poynting Achievement Scholarship, for international undergraduate physics students, celebrates your significant success in achieving your place as a student at the University of Birmingham.
Learn more about the Poynting Scholarship
Value of Award
The Poynting Achievement Scholarship consists of £1500 during semester 1 of each year of your undergraduate degree for all students who meet the criteria below.
To be eligible for this award you must:
- Be classified as international for fees on your acceptance to the university.
- Be accepted to one of the following courses for year 1 entry in 2022 after placing it as firm choice in UCAS:
- The Poynting Achievement Scholarship cannot be held in the same year in conjunction with Poynting Excellence Scholarship, which would take priority over this award.
To renew this award in a subsequent year of study you must:
- Hold Poynting Achievement Scholarship or Poynting Excellence Scholarship in the previous academic year.
- Achieve 70% year average at the first attempt in your previous year of study.
- Renewal will pause for years spent in international study or intercalated study and will restart during your return to study at in School of Physics and Astronomy at Birmingham based on the performance from the year before your year out.
How to Apply
No application is required, all those who meet the conditions above will be contacted by the end of welcome week 2022.
Physics Undergraduate Admissions
0121 414 4563