University of Birmingham Canada Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- African Studies, American and Canadian Studies, Antiquity, Archaeology, Classics and Ancient History, Drama and Theatre Arts, English Language and Linguistics, English Literature, Film and Creative Writing, Heritage, History, History of Art, Modern Languages and Cultures, Music, Philosophy, Theology and Religion, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Cancer Sciences, Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Health and Population Sciences, Immunity and Infection, Nursing and Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/06/2023
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 3 scholarships for Canadian domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2023.
These are joint awards with our local representatives who are listed here in alphabetical order: Across the Pond and SI-UK Canada.
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2023/24 academic year.
Value of Award
The scholarship awards are for £4000 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2023.
Students applying to MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery or Law are not eligible for this scholarship. Please note Law applicants can apply for scholarships offered by Birmingham Law School
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2023. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme;
- Be classed as Canada domiciled.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship;
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK;
- Start their studies at the University in September 2023 (the scholarship award may not be deferred);
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Canada Law from Abroad (CLFA) and SI-UK Canada.
- Submit your scholarship application through one of our local representatives by the deadline; 30 June 2023.
- Upon enrolment in September 2023, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline of 17 June 2023. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit.
Only under exceptional circumstances in which the University is unable to choose an awardee based solely on academic merit (for instance, if two candidates have identical grades) will applicants be asked to attend an interview via Skype.
Decisions will be announced in late June and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2023.
If you do have outstanding questions please contact our local representatives in Canada:
Across the Pond
SI UK Canada
Suite 300, 150 KIng Street West
Toronto, M5H 1J9,