University of Birmingham Turkey Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU), Turkey
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 15/07/2022
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of four scholarships of £2,500 for Turkey domiciled students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2022.
Value of Award
The award is for one scholarship of £2,500 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2022.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2022. The students must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Turkish national or domiciled in Turkey.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2022 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Submit their scholarship application by the deadline of 15 July 2022.
- Upon enrolment in September 2022, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and have selected Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship deadline of 15 Juy 2022.
Students need to email the country manager of Turkey (details below) with the UCAS ID, programme applied for, and the final transcript of Lise Diplomasi before the deadline of 15 July 2022. Please follow the format of ‘’Application for Scholarship – UCAS ID – Student name’’ in the email subject.
Selection for the award will be based on academic performance of year 12 of Lise Diplomasi.
Under exceptional circumstances in which the University is unable to choose an awardee based solely on academic merit (for instance, if two candidates have identical grades), applicants will be asked to attend an interview via Skype.
The decision will be announced in late July and the scholarship will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2022.
For further information, please contact our country manager for Turkey: