The Churchill Fellowship
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 22/11/2022 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Churchill Fellowships offer a unique programme of overseas research grants. These support UK citizens from all parts of society to travel the world in search of innovative solutions for today’s most pressing problems. The Fellowship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to expand your professional and personal horizons by researching an issue that you care about, with the global leaders in that subject, anywhere in the world.
Value of Award
The fellowship will fund you to spend up to two months discovering new ideas and best practice among leading practitioners anywhere in the world. The initial grant covers all expenses for your research phase, including all travel costs. If needed, it also covers interpreters and travel assistants.
Churchill Fellowships are open to all UK resident citizens aged 18 or above, regardless of their background, qualifications or age.
How to Apply
Applications are being welcomed for research projects in the following six new themes:
- Arts and communities
- Caring for our natural environment
- Children and young people with experience of care
- Climate change
- Resilient economies and communities
- Science and technology (focus to be confirmed)
Applications are also being invited within the following existing themes:
- Education in schools
- Palliative and end of life care
- Physical activity for healthier lives
- Rural communities
- Suicide prevention, intervention and postvention
To apply, please visit the Churchill Fellowship website.