iDynoMiCS licence information
This is the definitive iDynoMiCS licence text for the iDynoMiCS software
Copyright holders for iDynoMiCS:
- Laurent Lardon firstname.lastname@example.org, DTU Environment, Technical University of Denmark (Denmark) & Laboratory of Environmental Biotechnology, INRA (France)
- Brian Merkey, email@example.com (DTU Environment, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark) & firstname.lastname@example.org (Department of Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics, Northwestern University, USA)
- Andreas Dötsch email@example.com, Chronic Pseudomonas Infections Group, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (Germany)
- João Xavier firstname.lastname@example.org, Computational biology research, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York (USA)
- Sónia Martins SCM808@bham.ac.uk, Centre for Systems Biology,School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham (UK)
- Cristian Picioreanu C.Picioreanu@tudelft.nl, The Biofilm Research Group, Technical University of Delft (Netherlands)
- Jan-Ulrich Kreft email@example.com, Centre for Systems Biology, School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham (UK)
- Barth Smets firstname.lastname@example.org, DTU Environment, Technical University of Denmark (Denmark)
This software is a computer program whose purpose is to model and simulate microbial communities in an individual-based way. It is described in detail in this paper:
Lardon LA, Merkey BV, Martins S, Dötsch A, Picioreanu C, Kreft JU, Smets BF (2011).
iDynoMiCS: next-generation individual-based modelling of biofilms.
Environmental Microbiology: in press
The DOI is 10.1111/j.1462-2920.2011.02414.x
Link to the paper on the journal website
This software is governed by the CeCILL license under French law and abiding by the rules of distribution of free software. You can use, modify and/or redistribute the software under the terms of the CeCILL license as circulated by CEA, CNRS and INRIA at the following URL "http://www.cecill.info".
As a counterpart to the access to the source code and rights to copy, modify and redistribute granted by the license, users are provided only with a limited warranty and the software's author, the holder of the economic rights, and the successive licensors have only limited liability.
In this respect, the user's attention is drawn to the risks associated with loading, using, modifying and/or developing or reproducing the software by the user in light of its specific status of free software, that may mean that it is complicated to manipulate, and that also therefore means that it is reserved for developers and experienced professionals having in-depth computer knowledge. Users are therefore encouraged to load and test the software's suitability as regards their requirements in conditions enabling the security of their systems and/or data to be ensured and, more generally, to use and operate it in the same conditions as regards security.
The fact that you are presently reading this means that you have had knowledge of the CeCILL license and that you accept its terms.
Moreover authors ask to be acknowledged in any scientific publications based on or using some part of that software by citing the above paper describing iDynoMiCS.
A copy of the CeCILL licence text in case the CeCILL web site is not available, and for the record, is provided as a text file here and as a html file there.