The University of Birmingham Dubai plans to add new study programmes for students joining in September 2019.
As the first global top 100 and UK Russell Group university to establish a campus in Dubai, Birmingham already offers programmes including Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, and teacher training degrees.
It is launching the following new study programmes for the academic year 2019/20:
Prospective students can find more information on applying for courses at the University of Birmingham Dubai by visiting the website.
University of Birmingham Dubai Provost Professor Glyn Watson commented: “We aim to offer the highest quality academic experience to stretch and challenge our students in Dubai, whilst encouraging bold, independent thinking to ensure that our graduates are equipped to stand out in a competitive, global employment market.
“We are now broadening our academic offer to prospective students for 2019 and believe that our additional programmes of study will help to attract the brightest and most inquiring minds to embark upon their academic journey with the University of Birmingham Dubai.
“As a global university with a civic outlook, we are committed to contributing to UAE society and playing our part in supporting the UAE as it drives economic progress through knowledge and innovation, whilst contributing to the development of a growing international education hub in Dubai.”
The University of Birmingham Dubai opened its doors to students in September 2018, offering degrees that will be taught, examined and accredited to the same recognised high standards as those delivered on its UK campus.
It supports the UAE’s vision of developing a competitive economy driven by knowledge and innovation, as well as Dubai’s goal of building an international education hub.
The University of Birmingham Dubai is located in Dubai International Academic City (DIAC), a leading international education hub with 26 universities.
With a strong tradition of teaching excellence, commended by the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in 2016, degrees at the University of Birmingham Dubai are taught, examined and accredited to the same recognised high standards as those delivered on the University’s UK campus in Birmingham.
Visit the University of Birmingham Dubai website.
For further information, please contact Samantha Dancy, Footstep Communications on +44 (0)55 5711006.
- The University of Birmingham is ranked amongst the world’s top 100 institutions, its work brings people from across the world to Birmingham, including researchers and teachers and more than 5,000 international students from over 150 countries.
- The University of Birmingham was established by Queen Victoria in 1900 as Great Britain’s first civic university, where students from all religions and backgrounds were accepted on an equal basis.
- The University is renowned for its research excellence and its researchers have received 11 Nobel Prizes. From pioneering organ transplants, discovering gravitational waves and furthering understanding of Shakespeare, to developing cures for cancer, advances in robotics and revealing the structure of DNA, the University has been at the forefront of some of the most ground-breaking discoveries of the last 100 years.
- Birmingham is acknowledged for producing globally employable graduates and was chosen as the Times and Sunday Times University of the Year for Graduate Employment 2016. The University of Birmingham is the second most frequently targeted UK university for the country’s top employers looking for graduate recruits, according to High Fliers Research.
- The Dubai Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is responsible for the growth and quality of private education in Dubai. It supports schools, universities, parents, students, educators, investors and government partners to create a high quality education sector focused on happiness and wellbeing.