Our engineering and physical sciences undergraduate programmes continue to rank highly in the National Student Survey (NSS). The 2021 results are as follows; follow the links to find out more about each subject and our degree courses.
- Materials Science and Engineering. 1st in the Russell Group and 4th in the UK.
- Chemistry. 1st in the Russell Group and 10th in the UK.
- Chemical Engineering. 3rd in the Russell Group and 7th in the UK.
- Mathematics. 5th in the Russell Group.
- Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering. 7th in the Russell Group.
- Mechanical Engineering. 9th in the Russell Group.
- Physics and Astronomy. 9th place for Astronomy and 10th place for Physics in the Russell Group
The Russell Group is an organisation representing 24 world-class, research-intensive UK universities.
Commissioned by the Office for Students, the NSS is a high profile annual survey that asks students about their experiences in higher education. Every university in the country takes part.