Digital Catapult has an open call running to respond to and pitch solutions directly to industry challenges set by technology partners Siemens and Arrow Electronics.
For their challenge, Siemens has partnered with the University of Birmingham. At the university, we will offer the winner (and perhaps others) the opportunity to validate and test their solution in a real-world situation on our Edgbaston campus. There may also be the possibility to showcase your technology at the University of Birmingham Dubai campus, opening September 2021.
This challenge is a unique opportunity for innovative startups or scale-ups to collaborate with Siemens and its partners, and overall provides opportunities to:
- Pitch solutions to leading technology partner Siemens;
- raise your companies profile through marketing and programme association;
- pitch training and feedback for the participating team by Digital Catapult innovation and technology experts, and
- gain commercially valuable feedback from the University of Birmingham about the solution's viability in an academic setting.
Digital Catapult and Siemens are looking for innovative startups or scale-ups with cutting edge technologies that can ensure a safe return to university campuses or other high populated environments from the following areas:
- IoT solutions
- Social distancing, proximity alert
- Smart buildings
Applicants must be a UK-based registered limited company (or prove they have an establishment in the UK) and undertake most activity in the UK. Extraordinary applications from EU registered companies might be accepted if the solution fully meets the requirements and is outstanding.
- Applications close: 6 February 2021
- Briefing webinar Siemens: 24 February 2021
- Future Networks Lab Challenge Pitch Day Siemens: 18 March 2021
- Successful applicants will be confirmed (subject to terms and conditions and agreements) week commencing 16 February 2021.
More information on the Siemens challenge - Siemens: Connected technologies enabling a safe return to academic life - is available via Digital Catapult here.
The Future Networks Lab, launched in January 2019, is one of the first facilities in Europe created to support the adoption of leading-edge network technologies to deliver value to the UK industry in partnership with some of the most inspiring industry players.
This event is delivered and supported by Future Networks Lab's partners Siemens and Arrow Electronics.