Brain Awareness Week
- Thinktank Theatre, Level 2 Millennium Point
- Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Research
Register for this event
Please contact Dr Emil Toescu (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on Brain Awareness Week events.
As part of Brain Awareness Week (14-19 March) the University will be taking part in lectures and activities on different aspects of Neurosciences, held at Birmingham's Think Tank.
Our academics will be involved in a week of evening lectures culminating in the Festival of Neurosciences, a day of activities, displays and demonstrations, helping to increase awareness and understanding of brain activity and processes; from emotions and pain to how we process vision.
The four areas covered by the Neurosciences in the evening lecures, will be:
- Epilepsy – activity seizing the brain
- Ataxias - motor dysfunctions of the small brain
- Stroke – seeing the damage and helping the recovery
- Robots – what they tell us about brain and intelligence