Making diversity everyone's business - Conservative Party Conference fringe event
- Room 15-16 - Radisson Blu Edwardian - Manchester
- Social Sciences
Companies in the top quartile for gender and ethnic diversity are more likely to have higher financial returns than the industry average. Yet, in the UK only one in five small and medium-sized business are being run by women, creating a significant pool of untapped entrepreneurial potential.
A major report on leadership diversity in the West Midlands led by the University of Birmingham has identified a number of recommendations to address the leadership diversity gap within businesses. As a result diversity strategy, operations and workplace practices have improved at both a local and national scale.
To meet the urgent need for change, this panel will discuss how we can address the leadership diversity gap within business and develop enterprise capability to make diversity everyone’s business.
Register via Eventbrite here
- Chair: Professor Kiran Trehan, Professor of Leadership and Enterprise Development, University of Birmingham
- Virginia Crosbie, Director of Women2Win
- Simone Roche, CEO and Founder of Northern Power Women
- Ella Smillie, Head of Policy and Campaigns, The Fawcett Society
- Meera Sonecha, Policy Advisor to Andy Street, Mayor of the West Midlands
- Helen Whately, MP (invited)