There are lots of terms used in Careers Connect to define our students or opportunities. Some of the key terms are defined below:
- Graduate – a student who has undertaken a bachelor’s degree (e.g. BA, BSc, BEd)
- Post Graduate – a student who has undertaken a masters or further study on top of their bachelor’s degree (e.g. MA, MSc, PGCE)
- Internship – a temporary paid position where a student works as part of your business, both fulfilling a business need and gaining skills through training
- Placement – a temporary position of up to one year, which forms part of a student’s degree (also known as a year in industry or sandwich year)
- Volunteering – an unpaid role where students provide a service for a charity or not-for-profit business
- Work Experience – an unpaid opportunity for students to gain experience of an industry, perhaps through job shadowing. The opportunity should not fulfil a business need
Please contact the Employer Relations Team on firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)121 415 9026 for further information on advertising graduate vacancies.
For further information on Internships, placements and work experience vacancies, please contact email@example.com.