Create your own graduate scheme
KTP provides graduates with the opportunity to gain industrial experience while keeping one foot in academia. Along with a competitive salary and £2,000 per year for personal development, graduates employed on KTP projects (known as KTP Associates) have a reputation for being some of the most exciting young business minds in the country.
For between one and three years, KTP Associates work on a discrete co-led research project that is designed to be both innovative and challenging. You might be applying a proven technique to a new field, or helping to embed cutting-edge technology within a commercial setting. KTP Associates are often ambitious, creative and looking to effect real change throughout their host company. The benefits for graduates participating in a KTP project typically include:
- A fulfilling employment opportunity where graduates can apply their knowledge to realise a key strategic innovation
- Gaining experience of managing a challenging real-world project
- The chance to implement strategic development within an innovative company
- An opportunity to gain further professional qualifications
- Dedicated coaching, mentoring and personal development; opportunity to gain management qualification/training.
Dr Kieran Khamis
KTP Associate, RS Hydro Ltd
“The structure helps with the collaboration, because it keeps you all talking and keeps everyone on the same page, but then there's flexibility for you to put your own mark on the project. It's not just about the project, it's about your development as a scientist or as someone in a business environment.”
KTP is a national scheme, and current opportunities can be found by visiting the KTP Portal. Opportunities at the University of Birmingham are advertised both nationally and via the University's jobs website.