- civil engineering
- high performance computing
- satellite technology
- scientific instrument
CIAMM could help your business:
- Improve accuracy and precision in your processes
- Save costs and time with current methodologies and procedures
- Get more from investments made in laser and sensor technologies
- Create distinct competitive advantage within your markets.
Introducing a new equipment support service for the CIAMM Project
Small and medium-sized businesses have the unique opportunity of accessing specialist, technical equipment through the new Quantum Technology Innovation Hub (QTIH) at the University of Birmingham.
The Hub is hosted by the Centre for Innovation in Advanced Measurement in Manufacturing (CIAMM) in partnership with the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP). It offers free access to specialist equipment to enable research, experimentation and detailed product testing for a wide range of businesses, particularly in the engineering, manufacturing, photonics and telecommunications sectors.
Explore our equipment
How does the CIAMM Project work?
CIAMM’s pre-funded support will centre on two days' assistance (up to 12 hours), covering:
- Access to specialist technical equipment
- Workshops and masterclasses
- Mentoring and coaching
- Access to technical expertise
- Connections with the UK National Quantum Technologies programme
- Collaboration possibilities through our network of researchers and partners
- Access to Finance to help further your research aspirations
CIAMM project eligibility
To be eligible for support through the CIAMM project you must be:
- a registered UK business, located within the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) area. Check which LEP area your postcode is located in here (external link).
- an SME (organisation with less than 250 employees, turnover of less than €50million)
Contact us to find out more
Please contact Julian Moore, Business Engagement Manager for CIAMM.