Issues in the Education of Pupils Identified as having ADHD
Module code: 11 18392
Value: 20 credits
This module will begin with a needs assessment to provide you with a profile of engagement with the course content and provide a ‘base line’ from which to show professional development. The following units will cover the problematic nature of identification and assessment of ADHD;
- ADHD from the perspectives of a Child Psychiatrist
- An Educational Psychologist
- A perspective from the classroom.
You will be given a working knowledge of child psychological and psychiatric aspects of ADHD; the roles and responsibilities of Child and Adolescent mental health services, intervention strategies and their likely outcomes; school-based issues related to the achievement of pupils with ADHD; aspects of pupil and parental involvement in assessment and provision; aspects of adult behaviours both verbal and non-verbal affect. ADHD; the controversy surrounding medication in relation to ADHD.
- Participation in tutorials, discussions and school-based activities
- Case work with pupils
- A portfolio of critical analysis of course Units and reportage of activities, drawn together to give a 4,000 word summary on an issue identified in your needs assessment
Print this page