Teaching and Learning in Deaf Education
Module Code: 11 05544
Value: 40 credits
This double module is based upon two periods of assessed teaching and upon the log books, recording activities and visits. The module aims to develop skills in planning to meet the educational and developmental needs of hearing-impaired children, in teaching and in the evaluation of personal and observed teaching.
By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of approaches in the education of deaf children based on first hand experience
- Demonstrate practical skills in audiology and language assessment
- Demonstrate understanding and skills in a range of activities related to the teaching of deaf children
- Demonstrate the ability to bring together information on an individual deaf child from a range of sources, including either video or audio recording, or tasks devised by the student, to present an overall description of that child's functioning across various aspects of development.
Case study assignment. A portfolio containing:
- Logged activities
- Log of visits
- Case study
- Mandatory qualification outcomes
Print this page