Managing Public Money
The aim of this module is to highlight the importance of effective financial management in public sector organisations and define the concepts behind public economics. It will also concentrate on the changing role of finance and how that affects the support of new developments in public services. You will gain key skills required to ensure the effective management of public money and explore real-world scenarios that can be applied directly to your professional life.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Demonstrate critical understanding of the key roles and relationships in financial management
- Explain the relationship between performance management and financial management
- Explain the economics and accounting concepts concerned with efficiency and value for money, including public/private partnerships
- Explain the main approaches to financial control and to financial and other forms of oversight
- Apply the skills necessary to resource management