To apply for October 2021 start date you must submit your application by 30th April 2021.
Applications are accepted all year round but any applications made after 30th April 2021 will be considered for a start date of October 2022.
We encourage you to apply early, so that you have plenty of time to prepare the necessary travel, study and immigration documents. In some cases, it may be a time-consuming process to apply and receive the necessary travel and study documents.
Completing the application
Click on the 'Apply Now' button and you will be directed to an application specifically designed for the IDTP programme. You will create a personal account with the University application system. You must submit the following:
- A detailed CV, including your nationality and country of birth;
- A personal statement highlighting your research experience/capabilities and information on which subjects in life sciences you envisage doing a PhD
- A document listing your top two preferred choices of optional modules outlined in the programme modules information section
- Copies of your degree certificates with transcripts;
- Names and addresses of two referees;
- Evidence of your proficiency in the English language;
- Evidence of funding - This can be a letter from your sponsor or evidence that you have started to apply for funding, if eligible.
Once you've completed your online application and submitted it electronically, it will be checked by staff in the postgraduate admissions team before being sent to the programme lead for consideration.
All shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. Interviews will be conducted remotely via online video call (such as Skype or Zoom) and will be arranged on a monthly basis.
When clicking on the Apply Now button you will be directed to an application specifically designed for the programme you wish to apply for where you will create an account with the University application system and submit your application and supporting documents online. Further information regarding how to apply online can be found on the How to apply pages