We are now recruiting for the 2nd cohort of the CDT in Topological Design to start in September 2020. We
particularly encourage applications from candidates with Engineering background (Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic).
Candidates should have:
- an undergraduate degree in Physics, Materials, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related disciplines with at least 2(i) honours or equivalent.
- an interest in interdisciplinary sciences and engineering, with enthusiasm for communication.
- demonstrated mathematical ability.
- no prior knowledge of Topological Physics is required.
Instructions on filling the application
1. Applications are via the application portal
2. Under section “Personal Statement” upload your personal statement and please also include a discussion of your preferred research theme(s) of the CDT.
3. Under section "Research Details"
- Choose "Advertised research area"
- Code or title of project: "Topological Design CDT"
- Name(s) of proposed supervisor(s): "Topological Design CDT"
Under section "Funding"
- Choose "Other"
- Other details: Topological Design CDT
5. Upload you CV and an up to date transcript.
6. Forward the confirmation email of your application, with your application ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates should have an undergraduate degree in Physics, Materials, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related disciplines with at least 2(i) honours or equivalent.
- Funding is available to UK/EU nationals.
- Limited positions might be available for overseas students. However, overseas students are strongly encouraged to obtain their own funding/scholarship. More information can be found on the Fees, Funding and Scholarships pages of the website.
For any other information about the application process, or other general enquiries about the CDT, please email: email@example.com
Apply via the application portal