In the modern digital economy, design is the latest buzzword. Employers everywhere are looking for creative thinkers capable of transforming their businesses through imaginative interfaces and beautiful user experiences. You too can join the ranks of these industry-shaping creative professionals.
Throughout the course, you will gain experience with a host of popular tools and methods such as Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, agile methodology, user-centered design research, and rapid prototyping. You will also learn how these concepts are leveraged within design fields from UX research to UI development, as well as best practices for using these skills to add value to your organisation.
This programme is offered through the University of Birmingham in partnership with edx Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
Is the programme right for you?
Our UX/UI Skills Bootcamp could be a smart career move if you are:
- A design professional, such as a graphic designer or visual designer, who wants to attain a broader skill set in the wake of your organisation’s digital transformation.
- A technical professional, such as a developer or help desk technician who wants to transition into the UX/UI arena and understand how to apply design thinking to your organisation's problems.
- A manager who wants to supercharge his/her skill set to better understand the product management and/or design side of their organisation.
- A tech enthusiast looking to get his/her foot in the door in the world of design.
What you will learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Conduct user research using proven methodologies to understand design needs
- Learn how to communicate your design decisions to stakeholders in compelling form through wireframing and storyboarding
- Test your assumptions and biases by analysing user experiences through UX interviewing
- Master the art of rapid prototyping using tools like InVision, Adobe XD, Figma, and more
- Manage your time and projects using agile methodologies and widely used project management tools
- Keep business branding and continuity in mind when designing for clients
- Design for more than the look of a product as you use interaction design to develop the ideal experience for your users
What the course provides
The 24 week UX/UI Bootcamp has two components - an 8-week fundamentals course, followed by the main 16-week Skills Bootcamp in UX/UI. The structure, pacing, and time requirements are similar across all 24 weeks. Students successfully completing both components will receive a Certificate of Attendance and Professional Certificate in UX/UI from the University of Birmingham.
You’ll attend informative lectures and take part in a variety of individual and team exercises, working independently and in groups, in the virtual classroom and at home. Homework assignments provide an opportunity to apply what you’ve learned and build on it. The goal is to give you a comprehensive learning experience and true insight into the role of a design professional.
Go beyond aesthetics - Learn how users interact with digital products and services, focus on front-end web development, and harness cutting-edge tools to create friction-free, user-centric experiences.
Build your portfolio - Curate a portfolio that showcases the full extent of your UX/UI skills – from storyboarding and prototyping to interactive app development and responsive website design.
Get dedicated support - Benefit from a wide range of career support services, like CV and professional branding support, interview preparation, portfolio reviews, and coaching.
Earn a university credential - Receive a University of Birmingham Certificate, and demonstrate your new skills and showcase your achievement to future employers.