Whether we’re planning trips, applying for jobs, or buying groceries, our lives are increasingly shaped by digital experiences. Those digital experiences are shaped by web development professionals. The Skills Bootcamp in Front-End Web Development & UX will equip you with the hard and soft skills you need to help companies, communities,and individuals navigate this changing landscape, and position you for a rewarding career as a front-end web developer.
This programme is offered through the University of Birmingham in partnership with edX.
Is the programme right for you?
This course is ideal for those seeking placement or advancement within technical roles, such as junior web developer, front-end designer, or a technical project manager position. It could be a smart career move if:
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply fundamental knowledge of web development with HTML, CSS
- Create visually-compelling page layouts using UX design principles.
- Maintain code versioning and work across distributed teams using Git and GitHub.
- Manipulate page information and create interactivity using jQuery and React.js.
- Retrieve data from servers using RESTful-compliant network requests.
- Master foundations of object-oriented and functional programming paradigms, and organise code.
- Build modern web applications with industry-standard frameworks like node and React.
- Deploy web-based applications using Netlify.
- Prepare a portfolio of front-end development work.