Global Talent Management
This module will be an analysis of Human Resource Management (HRM) practices and policies in modern companies and organizations. These involve companies maintaining a flow of suitably skilled and qualified employees, motivating, promoting and rewarding them and making sure that all statutory requirements that involve employee welfare are met.
The specific objectives of this module are:
- To assess the strategic relevance of HRM and Talent Management practices and their impact upon Business Performance.
- To assess the role of managerial competencies and capabilities in the development of HR plans and strategies.
- To provide a comprehensive analysis of the role of HR metrics and analytics in the delivery of HR practices
- To assess the importance of the new HR practices associated with Talent Management and the creation of Employer Brands.
- To understand the implications of using differing methods of selecting, promoting and assessing employees.
- To be able relate competencies to performance and to understand the suitability of utilising different type of appraisals
- To re-evaluate the relevance of the concepts of ‘culture’ and ‘learning’ for our understanding of HRM issues.
- To appreciate the importance of new ways of classifying jobs and roles in order to enable them to incorporate changes in the knowledge required to do the work in collaboration with others
2 hour unseen exam to count 100%