Module Title - Measurement Techniques
Number of credits – 10
This module examines a wide variety of techniques that are important for characterising the structure and quality of formulated products and the processes used to make them. X-ray microtomography, micromanipulation, positron emission particle tracking and particle image velocimetry are just some of the methods studied.
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- Explain how each piece of equipment operates;
- Describe any necessary sample preparation;
- List the advantages/disadvantages of each technique.
Teaching and assessment:
- Semester 2.
- Approximately 16 hours contact time.
- 100% coursework.
- Reassessment: 100% coursework.