Advanced Implementation and Safe Delivery for People and the Business
Module Title - Advanced Implementation and Safe Delivery for People and the Business
Number of credits – 20
This module takes industry examples to show how techniques learned in earlier modules have been made specific to that industry. How advanced HSE can be used to minimise project risk.
This module also looks to show the importance of how the project interacts with the business case. Topics include change management, excellence in safety management, value chain analysis, portfolio management and benefits tracking.
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- Relate the business (or customer) challenges and business terminology to the project strategies.
- Contrast business strategy development with project planning and analyse robustness of business strategies.
- Analyse value chains of businesses or proposal and identify ways to improve business or proposal.
- Explain organisational change models and devise plans to apply to change models to described situations.
- Describe top market challenges in 3 different industries and relate these market challenges to typical project focus.
- Describe application of portfolio management and benefits tracking at business level and list example techniques.
- Describe the ethics required of project managers and business managers within the project management profession.
Teaching and assessment:
Assessment: 100% Coursework