Project skills and delivery
Module Title - Project skills and delivery
Number of credits – 20
This module looks to enhance students’ skills for running projects. Particular in areas such as leadership, communication, problem solving, influencing and expectations management. This module also looks to cover the identification of an appropriate project delivery strategy and its execution.
This will include topics such as identity of project team, project delivery models, contracting strategy, forms of contract, supplier relationship management and how location of project influences the team
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- Define and list factors that influence project organisation design.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the how project location can influence project makeup.
- Describe the importance of clearly defined roles and responsibilities across an organisation aligned to a contract strategy; summarise and contrast various forms of contract, and design a contract strategy for a project.
- Describe and demonstrate appropriate behaviours for dealing with external suppliers.
- Describe the relevance of effective communications across different cultures; formulate communication tailored to audience and convince audience of technical proposals.
- Influence stakeholders towards project objectives using various strategies.
- Appreciate importance of listening in developing project solutions.
- Contrast leadership and management and demonstrate key behaviours for each style.
- Describe importance of various aspects of behaviour in a project environment and describe impact of project manager behaviour in setting project culture.
- Demonstrate use of innovative problem solving both as individual and as part of a team.
- Design a project team organisation based on personality profile model, appreciate the process of team development.
- Design a project organisation including internal and external elements for a large international project.
Teaching and assessment:
Assessment: 100% Coursework