Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Module Title - Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Number of credits - 10
This module provides a general introduction to artificial intelligence, its techniques, and main subfields. The principal focus of the module will be on the common underlying principles, such as knowledge representation, search, and learning.
The aims of this module are to:
- Provide a general introduction to artificial intelligence, its techniques and its main subfields.
- Give an overview of key underlying ideas, such as knowledge representation, reasoning, search, and learning.
- Demonstrate the need for different approaches for different problems
On successful completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Discuss the major issues and techniques in a variety of sub-fields of AI, such as vision, robotics, natural language processing, planning, probabilistic reasoning, and machine learning.
- Apply a variety of standard AI techniques to simple examples.
- Understand applications of AI to real world situations and possible problems and limitations.
Teaching and assessment:
Sessional: 1.5 hour examination (70%), continuous assessment (30%).
Supplementary (where allowed): 1.5 hour examination (100%)
Contact hours - 39