Fundamentals Intro to Computer Science module
Module Title - Fundamentals Intro to Computer Science
Number of credits – 10
The module will explore some of the fundamentals of computer science. Topics will include: introduction to number systems, the relationship between software and hardware, reasoning about programs.
The aims of this module are to:
- Introduce the fundamentals of stored program computing
- Introduce the reasoning principles for object-oriented computing
On successful completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of computer hardware and architectures
- Explain the relation between high level object-oriented code and low level code execution.
- Explain and apply basic principles for reasoning about high level object-oriented code.
- Reflect on the significance of computer science in other disciplines.
Teaching and assessment:
Sessional: 1.5 hour examination (80%), continuous assessment (20%).
Supplementary (where allowed): 1.5 hour examination (100%)
Contact hours - 23