Fundamentals Data Structures module
Module Title - Fundamentals Data Structures
Number of credits – 10
The module will explore fundamental data structures and associated algorithms, and their representation in high-level programming languages. The module is particularly suitable for MSc students who have little previous background in Computer Science.
The aims of this module are to:
- Give an overview of fundamental data structures and algorithms.
- Explain the relative strengths and limitations of the fundamental data structures
On successful completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Understand and distinguish between a range of abstract data types and their underlying representation
- Appreciate the difference between basic complexity classes of algorithms
- Assess and select the most appropriate abstract data types in solving a range of problems
Teaching and assessment:
Sessional: 1.5 hour examination (80%), continuous assessment (20%).
Supplementary (where allowed): 1.5 hour examination (100%)
Contact hours - 24