Module Title - Project (CompSci - MSc)
Number of credits – 60
This module enables you to demonstrate professional competence in a substantial software-related task and to apply material learned in other components of the degree programme. Projects are chosen from staff suggestions or are developed from the student's original idea. The project may be completed in industry in the form of a work placement.
The aims of this module are to:
- allow you to carry out a substantial task of their own choosing, in an area appropriate to their degree programme
- allow you to demonstrate your competence as computing professionals, and to apply what you have learnt in the other components of your degree programme
- facilitate independent work on a substantial individual software project, including background research and project management
On successful completion of this module, you should be able to:
- carry out a substantial individual software-related task, including appropriate background research, demonstrating a professional approach
- work independently, prioritising different components of the work and managing a large project effectively
- present work undertaken both orally and in a formal project report, justifying decisions taken and evaluating outcomes
Teaching and assessment:
Sessional: Demonstration, project report (used in combination with no fixed division of marks).
Supplementary (where allowed): None; the module may only be repeated.
Contact hours - 10