Content in the module has been designed specifically for distance learning and will enable high level knowledge acquisition, IT, photography and communication skills.
Approaches to the critical appraisal of dental literature are identified with relevance to evidence-based clinical practice.
The use of the internet in evidence-based dentistry is introduced and applied to advanced general dental practice.
Students will develop the key skills required to devise a research or audit project.
In addition, advanced clinically relevant oral biology practical exercises will help inform the clinical cases to be carried out in subsequent modules.
20 Masters level credits
- Critical appraisal of a peer reviewed paper
- Structured presentation of photography: clinical, models & radiographs
- Patient information document (Practice newsletter)
- Oral biology practical exercises: Essay, Drawings and wax carvings
- S.W.O.T analysis presentation (10 minute Powerpoint presentation): ‘My practice’ (to be presented on the residential course)
Dental degree and to be working actively in dental practice.
How to register/apply
University of Birmingham website
Please rest assured that we will make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities described. However, it may be necessary to make changes due to significant disruption, for example in response to COVID-19.
Information for future students and applicants
Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest updates and FAQs for future students and offer-holdersVisit our FAQs
Our Standard Requirements