Practitioner inquiry in education
The module, ‘Practitioner Inquiry in Education’ is designed to help you to plan and carry out a dissertation, which is the final part of your Masters Programme in Education.
Throughout this module, we refer to practitioner research. This is research, or investigation, undertaken by practitioners or those wishing to research educational practice. It is research undertaken by practitioner-researchers who are already working or intend to work in the educational field.
The module enables you to study all aspects of researching for and producing a dissertation. The assignment for the module takes the form of developing a proposal for your dissertation and you will need to complete the module before you embark upon your research.
By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- identify your dissertation topic and your main research question and a small set of sub-questions
- locate a theoretical framework for your research
- identify an appropriate existing academic literature to review for your topic
- formulate an appropriate research design for your research questions
- select suitable methods for investigation, collection of and analysis of data
- present your dissertation
A 4,000 word assignment