Assessment for Health Professionals
Module code: 19881 (multi-professional), 26055 (Clinical Teaching Fellow)
In this module the purposes of assessment and methods of assessment are examined using examples from both the health and school education sectors. Relationships between different learning theories and approaches to assessment are examined. The concepts of validity, reliability and practical application are considered in relation to different purposes and methods of assessment.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and ability to critically appraise the different purposes and uses of assessment in the health sector.
- provide evidence of a critical understanding of different learning theories, their epistemological roots and their relationship with different methods of assessment.
- critically analyse the choice of assessment methods for specific contexts and purposes.
- understand key concepts and processes such as validity, reliability, standard setting and blue printing.
- apply this knowledge and understanding to specific applications of assessment in the health sector.
A 4,000 word assignment.