Please note this module is available to international students only
This module aims to develop the student’s knowledge and skills in relation to the physical health assessment of patients specific to the student’s specialist area of clinical practice. At the end of the module the student will have advanced their practice in performing a problem-focused, age appropriate health assessment.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Perform a comprehensive problem-focused age appropriate health assessment
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, evaluate and utilise research evidence to inform health assessment
- Demonstrate knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology of the common disorders or diseases associated with their specialist area of practice
- Demonstrate safe and appropriate judgement and clinical decision making incorporating the appropriate assessment skills, interpretation of correctly ordered diagnostic tests and investigations
- Critically appraise healthcare systems and processes locally and globally
Module Attendance Required
Module dates for 2019/20 to be confirmed shortly
Method of teaching
The module combines lectures, workshops, seminars, e-learning and clinical skills simulations designed in a way to enhance application of learning to the clinical environment.
The module is assessed through:
- Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCE) (30%)
- Written assignment: 3000 words (70%)
Stand Alone Course
This module can also be taken as a stand-alone course if required. To apply, please contact the Postgraduate Administrator by email at email@example.com
Fee if taken as a stand alone course
Entry requirements if taken as a stand alone course
Evidence of ability to study at Masters level.