Researching Education for Health Professionals
Module code: 21553
A range of research frameworks and methods are examined to allow the development of practical skills in the design and conduct of educational research.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge and understanding of different theoretical perspectives and research methodologies.
- Show a critical understanding of the nature of evidence in education.
- Analyse and explain the relationship between research methodologies and decisions on research methods or techniques.
- Critique and appraise the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to undertaking field research.
- Show a critical understanding of key principles of research design and their application to a selected project in educational for health professionals.
30 hours of lectures, seminars and workshops
A 4,000 word assignment.