Effective Project Management module details
Module Title - Effective Project Management
Number of credits – 10
This module addresses the management of resources during major engineering projects. It will encompass the importance of team working and communication skills in a project environment. Detailed study of management tools such as critical path analysis and PERT will be undertaken.
By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of timing and planning/preparation in project management;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the critical path of a process;
- Be able to solve critical path problems and manage timelines;
- Calculate and plan Net Present Value of a project;
- Demonstrate an awareness of the importance of the team;
- Risk Management/Earned Value Analysis.
Contact time - 100 hours.