Aldgate & Allhallows Foundation
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Drama and Theatre Arts, Music, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
Aldgate and Allhallows Foundation is an education charity that exists to benefit young people from the City of London and London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Grants can be made for education costs (books, equipment, travelling costs) maintenance (living costs) and/or payment of tuition fees.
Grants are normally made for one academic year at a time. For grants spanning more than one year, payments beyond the first academic year are conditional on receipt of end of year reports from the student’s college or university confirming that their attendance has been satisfactory and that they have successfully completed all exams and course work to enable them to progress into the next year.
Value of Award
To be eligible to considered for a grant, individuals must be:
- under the age of 30 on the day their course or year of study begins, and
- permanently resident in London Borough of Tower Hamlets or the City of London for at least the past three years, and
- from a low income background, and
- studying full-time in Further, Higher or Postgraduate education on a course of at least one year in length that will result in the awarding of a recognised qualification.
Individuals from a refugee background are welcome to apply, as long as they have been granted either Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or full Refugee status. Individuals with time limited leave to remain are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications can be made at any time; there is no closing date but grants cannot be made retrospectively (i.e. for study that has already taken place).
For more information please visit the Aldgate & Allhallows Foundation website.