Forest Edge PhD Scholarships
- Level of study
- Doctoral research
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- EU, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 10/02/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Forest Edge will offer a comprehensive training programme to develop researchers and prepare them for post-PhD life in industry, academia, and other sectors. Each doctoral project will identify a major theme and a dominant cross-link, binding it to other projects. Some projects will be multi-disciplinary, some interdisciplinary, and some transdisciplinary, but all will be outside the research council norm, challenging doctoral researchers (DRs) and supervisors alike.
Value of Award
The scholarship award includes:
- Full payment of tuition fees at Research Councils UK fee level for year of entry (£4,327 in 2019/20), to be paid by the University;
- An annual maintenance grant at current UK Research Councils rates (national minimum doctoral stipend for 2019/20 is £15,009), to be paid in monthly instalments to the Leverhulme Trust Doctoral Scholar by the University.
- All studentships will come with a minimum of £3,000 Research Training Support Grant. This can be increased, if there are justified project costs, up to a maximum of £12,000. Supervisors should indicate from where any further costs necessary for the project will be sourced.
Please see each individual projects for eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
For full details of the application process please vist the Forest Edge PhD Scholarships page.