Google Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Level of study
- Doctoral research, Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Computer Science
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/12/2017 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities. This scholarship aims to help dismantle barriers that keep students with disabilities from entering computing, encourage them to excel in their studies and become active role models and leaders in creating technology. As part of Google's commitment, they have partnered with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Value of Award
The scholarship recipients will each receive a EUR 7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Candidates must be:
- Be currently enrolled at a university in Europe for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD program at a university in Europe for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology
- Have a disability (deﬁned as a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider a daily function). This deﬁnition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists
How to Apply
Details of the application process can be found on the Scholarship website.