Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Hong Kong
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/03/2018 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The scholarship, which was established in 1985, enables the selected candidates to pursue one-year Masters degree programmes at the University of Birmingham. The selected candidates are expected to make contribution to the community of Hong Kong after the completion of their studies.
Value of Award
The scholarship is a tuition fee award, worth up to the cost of a laboratory based course which is paid directly to the University of Birmingham.
Candidates for the scholarships should normally fulfil the following requirements:
- hold a Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or British National Overseas passport and have resided in Hong Kong for 7 years preceding 1 October 2018;
- be holders of a degree (or expect to gain a degree before September 2018) from an institution of tertiary education in Hong Kong;
- have applied by 30 March 2018 for admission to the University of Birmingham through the University's normal admissions procedures;
- be eligible for admission to their intended course of study at the University of Birmingham
(note: the scholarship award will only be confirmed when the candidate has been offered a place at the University.);
- be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English;
- should not have previously studied in the United Kingdom on a credit-bearing programme leading to a degree awarded by UK Institution; and
- should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham (including living costs) from other sources.
How to Apply
Further information about the application procedure can be found via the SFO website.
Information and application forms are available from The SFO website in English or Chinese or by contacting:
Student Finance Office
Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Room 1217, 12/F
Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices,
303 Cheung Sha Wan Road,
Tel: 2150 6101 or 2150 6110
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005