The Leatherseller's Company Educational Awards
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/06/2019
The Leathersellers' Company made its first educational awards in the early 17th century. Originally restricted to students of divinity at Oxford or Cambridge, the Company now awards University Exhibitions (grants) of up to £5,000 per annum to support study for a full-time Degree at any UK university.
Value of Award
The Leathersellers' Company awards University Grants (Exhibitions) of up to £5,000 a year for a maximum of 4 years, to study for a full-time degree at any UK University.
Applications from the following candidates will be considered:
- UK students already enrolled or with an offer to begin a full-time degree course at a UK University in September 2019.
- Students of any nationality who can show a commitment to the UK, such as permanent residence, previous secondary educational record or family ties.
- Students from the Greater London area may sometimes be prioritised, but applications from students from any part of the UK are accepted.
- Students of engineering or subjects connected with the leather trade, including fashion students who work with leather, are encouraged to apply.
- Full / part-time courses that are not degrees but lead to nationally recognised qualifications may be considered. However, you will need to show how gaining this qualification would significantly improve your future. employability/career prospects. Funding cannot be given in support of one-year professional conversion courses.
How to Apply
The onlie application form is avilable through the Leathersellers' Company website.