Ukraine Victor Pinchuk Foundation World Wide Studies
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Law, Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Geology, Natural Sciences, Health Services Management, International Public Administration
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 15/05/2017 (Note: competition closed for this year)
World Wide Studies is an educational initiative of the Victor Pinchuk Foundation, aimed at fostering a new generation of Ukrainian professional elite.
The scholarship programme encourages Ukrainian students to study Master’s degrees in the world’s best universities, in the following subject areas: agricultural studies, environment and ecology, public law, public administration, aerospace engineering and alternative energies.
The Victor Pinchuk Foundation will expect all grant winners to return to Ukraine and work in their chosen field of study for at least 5 years.
Value of Award
The grant primarily covers tuition fees, books and medical insurance. The grant amount is based on the needs and merits of each student. The majority of grants covers up to 60% of the amount required (but not more than $30 000 for the whole study period, 1-2 years).
- be citizens of Ukraine
- be under the age of 35 (at the moment of enrolment at the University of Birmingham)
- have a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject, relating to the subject of the chosen Master's degree programme
- demonstrate clear vision regarding how they will apply their expertise, research and experience in the Ukraine
How to Apply
Prospective students are advised to apply directly to the University of Birmingham, and complete the formal application and admissions procedures. Prospective applicants should then apply to the Victor Pinchuk Foundation (www.worldwidestudies.org).
Candidates are selected in the course of a national competition in June each year, and receive grants from the Victor Pinchuk Foundation to start their studies in fall that very year. Potential candidates choose Master’s program independently, go through the application process and further explain to the WorldWideStudies selection panel how he/she plans to apply the acquired knowledge in Ukraine.
Doctoral Research Enquiry Service
0121 414 5005