University of Birmingham USA Scholarship programme
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- United States
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/03/2017 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham, in partnership with the US Alumni Foundation, is delighted to offer postgraduate scholarships to one outstanding candidate from the USA.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- have received an offer of a place to study on a one years Masters (taught or research) programme at the University of Birmingham
- have a valid student ID number
- be studying full-time and on-campus (not distance learning)
- be a national of, and currently domiciled in, the USA
- be classified as overseas for fees purposes
- have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living for a year at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship
- not be in receipt of a full scholarship covering all tuition fees from any other source
Value of Award
One scholarship worth up to £15,000 towards the cost of tuition fees.
You should have an excellent academic background. The selection panel will only consider applicants attaining a CGPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or above. Winning candidates regularly achieve a CGPA of between 3.4-3.8 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be able to demonstrate and evidence excellence - this may comprise an outstanding academic achievement, outstanding extra-curricular achievement/s (such as in a sporting, musical context) or significant achievement gained either in your working life or through volunteering and service to others.
How to Apply
A link to the online application form is normally sent via email to eligible students in the fall of the preceding academic year. If you have not received the application link by the scholarship deadline please submit an online enquiry for the attention of the Student Funding Office (including your full name, University ID number [as provided in your admissions offer letter] and a brief description of your enquiry). Any requests received after the deadline may be declined.
The application is a web-based form which is submitted electronically to the University. If you experience any technical difficulties completing the form, please contact Funding, Graduation & Awards for advice by submitting an online enquiry or calling +44 (0)121 414 7391.
Regretfully only successful applicants will be contacted and this will normally take place in May.
The University considers applicants based on the information provided in the online application form. We also refer to the transcripts, graduation certificates (if available) and references submitted to the University as part of the admissions process. There is no need for applicants to submit any additional supporting documentation to apply for the scholarship.
The online application form includes general questions about the applicant's academic background and includes short essay-style questions (250 word limit) about academic and extra-curricular achievement. If you are shortlisted you may be requested to complete additional essay style questions for the College in which you plan to study.
Funding, Graduation & Awards
+44 (0)121 414 7391