Access to Birmingham (A2B) Postgraduate Scholarships
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- EU, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 28/04/2018 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Introduced in 2018 to enhance our support for postgraduate students from under-represented groups. The Access to Birmingham (A2B) Postgraduate Scholarship is worth £2000 and aims to encourage under-represented students to pursue a postgraduate qualification.
Value of Award
The Access to Birmingham (A2B) Postgraduate Scholarships will be considered for students who meet the following criteria:
- Recorded as Home or EU for fee-status purposes.
- Studying a full or part time standard taught masters course for a maximum of two years.
- Undertaking a Masters course in any subject that is not already part funded by the Government (e.g. funded Nursing, Teacher Training and Social Work programmes are excluded).
- Previously participated in the University of Birmingham Access to Birmingham (A2B) Scheme, Realising Opportunities or similar undergraduate outreach or widening participation programme at another University.
Awards will then be allocated on the basis of merit, meeting the eligibility criteria alone will not guarantee that your application will be successful.
How to Apply
To be considered for an award, applicants must have completed both of the following:
- Made an application to their intended Masters programme. Please apply through the relevant programme page on the Course finder section of the University of Birmingham website. This must include all of the relevant supporting documentation: references, transcripts if available, and English language certification if applicable.
- Completed the Access to Birmingham (A2B) Postgraduate Scholarships application form. Applicants should enter the application ID number that they were given during the application to the Masters programme.
Postgraduate Recruitment Team
+44 (0)121 414 3641