Birmingham Masters Scholarships
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/04/2021
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the Birmingham Masters Scholarship scheme. We will be offering awards of £1,500 per scholarship to outstanding students wishing to undertake Masters study at the University during 2021-22.
Scholarships will be awarded to over 300 candidates based on academic performance in their previous studies and/or professional experience.
Eligibility to receive the scholarship will be determined by a University selection panel based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and previous study - Birmingham Masters Scholarships are primarily awarded on the basis of academic performance in the applicants’ previous studies
- Professional qualifications and achievements - Qualifications and other notable achievements from relevant professional roles will be taken into account
- Strength of the personal statement - The personal statement is a chance to make the application stand out. It should, amongst other things: outline your interest in the subject, demonstrate that your background has sufficiently prepared you for the degree, mention any relevant experience and outline how the course will fit into your future plans
- University or College subject priorities
Value of Award
£1,500 per scholarship.
The Birmingham Master Scholarships will be available to students who are:
- Domiciled in the UK. Students recorded as Home for fee-status purposes are eligible, provided that they meet the other eligibility criteria
- Self-funded. You must be self-funding or applying for a postgraduate government loan to pay your fees and living expenses
- Not already registered on a postgraduate programme — applicants must not currently be enrolled on a postgraduate degree course;
- Undertaking to a Masters course in an eligible subject
Eligible courses include LLM; M.A. (Taught); M.Sc. (Pre-reg); M.Sc. (Taught); MPH; MEd; delivered at our Edgbaston Campus or by distance learning. Please note that MA/MSc by Research and MRes (combined taught and research) programmes are NOT eligible.
Candidates are expected to attain a First-class or Upper Second-class (2:1) Honours degree (or the equivalent) for their undergraduate qualification.
How to Apply
To be considered for a Birmingham Masters Scholarship, applicants must have done both of the following:
- Made an application to their intended Masters programme. Please apply through the relevant programme page on the Course finder section of the University of Birmingham website. This must include all of the relevant supporting documentation: references, transcripts if available, and English language certification if applicable. Note that you do not need to have received an offer, you just need to have submitted an application.
- Completed the Birmingham Masters Scholarship application form. Applicants should enter the application ID number that they were given during their application to the Masters programme
Applications are now open. The deadline for applications is 23:59 on Friday 30 April 2021.
Candidates will be notified of the outcome by the end of June 2021.
Postgraduate Recruitment Team