Birmingham Master Scholarships
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- EU, UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/04/2020
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the Birmingham Masters Scholarship scheme. We will be offering awards of £2,000 per scholarship to outstanding students wishing to undertake Masters study at the University during 2020.
Scholarships will be awarded to at least 60 candidates based on academic performance in their previous studies. Nomination will be based on the following criteria:
- Weighted mean marks from their undergraduate study
- Professional qualifications and achievements
- Strength of the personal statement
Successful candidates will be notified during July 2020.
Value of Award
£2,000 per scholarship.
- Gain admission to a Masters programme (MA, MSc, LLM, MEd, MPH, MBA) at Birmingham for 2020 entry. Distance-learning programmes and MRes (combined taught and research) programmes are eligible for the awards. MA/MSc by Research degrees are NOT eligible.
- Be self-funded or applying for a postgraduate government loan to pay your fees and living expenses.
Note: students already registered on a postgraduate programme are not eligible to apply
Candidates are expected to attain a First-class or Upper Second-class (2:1) Honours degree (or the equivalent) for their undergraduate qualification.
How to Apply
To be considered for a Birmingham Masters Scholarship, applicants must, by the 30 April deadline, have:
- Made an application to their intended Masters programme. Please apply through the relevant programme page on the Course finder section of the University of Birmingham website.
- Completed the Birmingham Masters Scholarship application form. Applicants should enter the application ID number that they were given during their application to the Masters programme.
Postgraduate Recruitment Team
+44 (0)121 414 7136